Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Road Trip

We went on a road trip last Sunday to Chatanooga. It is only about an hour and a half away from where we live. We went up to Lookout Mountain. It was a lot of fun. There is a cavern that you can take a tour down inside. Way back inside the cavern is a waterfall. It was sooo cool. Then we went and rode on an incline railway. I wasn't too sure about that. It was almost kinda freaky. Someone else there refered to it as a really slow roller coaster. Any kind of roller coaster is too much for me, so that wasn't the best way to describe it. After we rode back up the mountain we went to Rock City. That was really cool. There is a trail you follow through all of these different rock structures. I was kinda glad we went now instead of later on when I am bigger, cuz I may not have been able to fit through some of those spots.....LOL. It was a lot of fun, but we were both really tired when we got home and ended up taking a late nap. I guess it worked out ok for Justin. With him working nights - he tries to stay up all night on Sunday night so he can sleep during the day Monday. It kinda sucks for me. The only night I actually get to "sleep" with my husband is Saturday nights. And even then I am usually long gone by the time he comes up to bed. Him working nights and me not working at all is making for very long days for me. He usually leaves around 8:00 at night and gets home between 9 and 10 in the morning. I get him up at about 6:00, we eat supper and he gets ready for work. I am hoping that I start getting used to this sooner rather than later.



Enjoy the pics from Chatanooga!!!


The inclined railway!





Justin getting ready to go into Fat Man's Squeeze!!









No comments: