Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Just another day

Ok, so I was really motivated the first half of the day. Amazing since I didn't get good sleep last night. I already have difficulties getting comfortable, and that is really sad because I have an entire King size bed to myself to wiggle around in. Add on top of that, Justin got home from work at about 6:30 this morning. He did try really hard not to wake me up. I think he knows I have not been sleeping well. So, I doze back off and he begins bed hogging. I should have expected it. I go up there in the early afternoons quite often and just watch him sleep. (And take up the whole king size bed.) Anyway, I think I was back awake by 7:30 and finally rolled my fat butt off of the bed around 9:00. I actually got 4 whole loads of laundry done today. Hee-Hee. It was a pretty funny sight actually. I didn't want to have to carry 4 baskets full of laundry down the stairs, so I just started throwing all of our dirty laundry to the bottom. (I kinda slid down them the other day when I tried carrying too much - No harm done.) So anyway, I actually accomplished something today. Which was good since Justin was out of clean workshirts and underwear....LOL.

Justin went into work early again today, which has made for a very long evening for me. There has been absolutely nothing on tv tonight. So, I called my mom about 10:00 (9:00 CT) and heard tornado sirens in the background. She must have had another call coming in because she said she would call me back. I am sure she will forget (again) and I will try to call her again in another 20 minutes just to make sure all is ok. I surely won't be going to bed til I know for sure.

Thoughts on being pregnant:
Believe it or not (with all my horrid ranting and raving) I am truly excited to be pregnant, and the only problem is that time is going way to slow. I have less than 2 weeks left til I hit that blessed (so I've been told) 2nd trimester. Supposedly the pukiness, sleepiness and constant peeing will go away for a little while. I can not wait. Really the morning sickness has not been as bad as it could be. I have heard of people that have had it a lot worse. I think I have actually thrown up (I know - GROSS) 3 times total. It's the constant nauseau that can just go away. And the getting up 3 or 4 times during the night - that can just go away for a while too. And gag reflex - What the hell is up with that. I will be happy to be able to brush my teeth without gagging myself.

Justin is really starting to get into it too. He has been spending a lot of time just rubbing my belly and talking to Peanut. It is really kind of cute. He will pat my belly and just say "Hi Peanut - This is your daddy speaking." It almost chokes me up. Or after I eat, he will ask me if Peanut liked whatever I just ate. And most nights before he leaves for work he will kiss my belly bye. I really can't wait till I have the pregnant belly and not just the fat belly that I feel like I have now. Only about 7-9 more weeks till my next ultrasound (it's not scheduled yet, but will be between weeks 18 and 20). I really can't wait for that. We will get to find out if we are having a little boy peanut or a little girl peanut. (Justin, his mom and his Grandma Jo are all predicting a boy). I think with Justin that is just a bunch of wishfull thinking...LOL. I don't really care what it is. I will just be so happy to know that our little peanut is doing ok in there.

On the bright side, only 28 1/2 weeks left to go.

(Uuuggghhh, that sounds like forever)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I call mine Peanut too! I like yelling things like, "Peanut wants ice cream!!!!!!" LOL.