Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Eviction Notice

Dear Ryan ~ My darling son,

While I have enjoyed your stay in my tummy the last 38 1/2 weeks, I am writing you this notice to let you know that your remaining time here is numbered. In 5 days you will be vacated from this premises. Please don't worry as there are other (and much nicer) accommodations awaiting you. I have loved having you to myself the last 9 months, but it is time for you to quit being so shy and show yourself to the rest of the world who loves you so. I hope you enjoy the remaining days you have of torturing my ribs with your big ole head (I think you get that from your daddy) and torturing my mommy area with your big ole feet (sadly you get those from me).

You have a daddy waiting here who is so excited to meet you. I think your grandma's might be a bit excited too (just a little though...LOL). Plus you have a sweet, adorable little puppy (ok, I'm stretching it a bit with the whole sweet part) that is ready to meet his new little master. (I'm probably stretching that last part too - Peanut does think he is the master of the domain. We'll have to work on that some).

I can't wait to touch those little feet and toes that you have been so lovingly poking out through my side lately and kiss the cheek on the little head that has been embedded in my ribcage. Soon my darling child, you will be out of my womb and into my arms.

I can't wait to see you (and my feet again)!!!

Love,
Your mommy (the real master of the domain)

7 comments:

brusoe2000 said...

that had to be the cutest thing i have ever read.

The Southworth's said...

Thanks!! I told mom earlier that if I could have wrote fun stuff like that in high school I might have had better grades. I am going to print this letter and put it in Ryan's baby book. Now I am trying to talk Justin into writing him a letter too. Darn uncooperative men anyway....LOL.

Dave Ja Vu said...

That made me laugh. Very clevs.

The Southworth's said...

Thanks Dave!! That means a lot to me coming from you. You are such a talented writer!!!!

THE OLESON DAILY TIMES said...

WAY CUTE! I'm excited to see pictures of the little man!!! Your pregnancy reminds me so much of mine. Gunnar was born Dec.21st and it was scheduled. I can remember waiting for that day to arrive. Your life is amount to change in the most wonderful way possible!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for kissing little feet and hands! I'm so excited for you!

The Weiss' said...

This post was great! Very nicely written. Can you believe in a couple days you will be holding your baby in your arms? Your life will never be the same again. It will be better. Having a baby (or two) is the most wonderful and absolutly amazing feeling in the world! We will be thinking and praying for you and the safe arrival of your new little man!